Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thinking

You ever see someone and you wonder to yourself how he/she got to where they are?

I saw a man with his two very young children in Friendly's late at night ... not too long ago. For some reason I felt bad for him. My first immediate thought was, "where was his wife, their mom?" Of course the worst possible scenarios entered my mind and for some reason I couldn't get past them.

By looking at the family of three, I could easily tell that they had no money and he was doing his best to try and make his kids happy (or that is what I liked to think at the time).

The father let his kids order their ice cream first. I found that interesting. From where I was sitting across the room I heard the kids demand their desert first and instead of saying "no," the Dad sat there for about 10 seconds without saying anything and surely said to himself "why not?"

Just another way, I thought, to make his kids happier. Despite how little or insignificant it was, it was that moment that he was thinking about.

I have nothing else right now.
I'll update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment